This quick and delicious BBQ Jackfruit Pizza is sweet and spicy making this savory dish a winner!!! And did I mention jackfruit makes this a vegan’s dream! You will not believe how simple this is to put together, let’s walk through the steps.
How do I make bbq jackfruit pizza?
This pizza is so simple, it doesn’t really need a whole lot of prep work. However, let’s go over some of the ingredients and see what we can swap out for those picky eaters in your life.
- Flatbread crust – Store bought flatbread crust is being used in this recipe, however, you can use any crust you like! I make this using pita bread, french bread, pizza dough, pretty much anything you like! Just make sure it’s vegan if that is a concern of yours.
- Sauce? – I did not use any sauce in this recipe, the bbq sauce in the jackfruit is enough to carry through. If you are a sauce lover, please feel free to add some tomato, pizza or bbq sauce to the crust before the toppings.
- Cheese – You can use store bought or homemade vegan cheese, nutritional yeast or even omit the cheese.
- BBQ Jackfruit – I use the young jackfruit in brine (canned). For the sauce, I used a sweet and spicy flavor.
- Pineapple – I know, I know!!! Some people think it’s a sin to put pineapple on pizza, it can be the root of a heated conversation! Personally, I think it’s a great combination of ingredients, but feel free to omit or replace with some sweet peppers.
- Red Onion Rings – I sliced my onion very thin on a mandolin slicer. You can use any type of onion you’d like, white, red, shallots or even green onion.
- Pickled Jalapeno – These are not too spicy once they’ve been cooked. You could use fresh jalapeno for a bigger ‘bite’. Peperoncini peppers are another great option.
This quick and delicious BBQ Jackfruit Pizza is sweet and spicy making this savory dish a winner!!! And did I mention jackfruit makes this a vegan’s dream! You will not believe how simple this is to put together, let’s get started:
- flatbread pizza crust
- 1–20 oz can of young jackfruit in brine- drained and rinsed
- 8 oz your favorite BBQ sauce
- 3 to 4 oz shredded vegan cheese
- 2 oz pineapple chunks, or 2 rings- cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- handful pickled jalapenos, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 f.
- Heat an oiled skillet over medium heat and add can of jackfruit and heat for 2 minutes. Take your spatula and ‘break apart’ the jackfruit until it resembles pulled pork. Add the BBQ sauce and heat for an additional 4 minutes, take off heat.
- Place flatbread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Top with cheese, tablespoon size drops of the bbq jackfruit, pineapple, onion, jalapeno. I usually top it off with a pinch more of cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 8 minutes, then broil on high for an additional 3 minutes, watching carefully as to not burn the crust.
- Let cool, slice and serve!!!
This will keep in fridge for up to 3 days. Best re-heated in oven to keep crispy.
Please see blog above for ingredient swaps.
Nutritional information below is based on 1/4 of a flatbread.
Please comment below and let me know your variations on this wonderful pizza! Don’t forget to Pin!
- Category: Dinner, lunch, appetizer
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan
Keywords: Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pizza, easy and delicious