This quick and delicious BBQ Jackfruit Pizza is sweet and spicy making this savory dish a winner!!! And did I mention jackfruit makes this a vegan’s dream! You will not believe how simple this is to put together, let’s get started:
- flatbread pizza crust
- 1–20 oz can of young jackfruit in brine- drained and rinsed
- 8 oz your favorite BBQ sauce
- 3 to 4 oz shredded vegan cheese
- 2 oz pineapple chunks, or 2 rings- cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- handful pickled jalapenos, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 f.
- Heat an oiled skillet over medium heat and add can of jackfruit and heat for 2 minutes. Take your spatula and ‘break apart’ the jackfruit until it resembles pulled pork. Add the BBQ sauce and heat for an additional 4 minutes, take off heat.
- Place flatbread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Top with cheese, tablespoon size drops of the bbq jackfruit, pineapple, onion, jalapeno. I usually top it off with a pinch more of cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 8 minutes, then broil on high for an additional 3 minutes, watching carefully as to not burn the crust.
- Let cool, slice and serve!!!
This will keep in fridge for up to 3 days. Best re-heated in oven to keep crispy.
Please see blog above for ingredient swaps.
Nutritional information below is based on 1/4 of a flatbread.
Please comment below and let me know your variations on this wonderful pizza! Don’t forget to Pin!
- Category: Dinner, lunch, appetizer
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan
Keywords: Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pizza, easy and delicious