Quick and easy BBQ tofu wraps that the entire family will love! Protein packed and easily customized to please everybody! Make them with a hearty side dish for dinner, whip some up for a quick lunch, or make a large batch for lunch meal prep. Even my carnivore friends request these!
How to customize your BBQ Tofu Wraps
This recipe is pretty simple, you can add or substitute for your preference. This recipe makes four small wraps or two large ones with burrito sized tortillas. Perfect for my husband! Let’s get cooking!
- Coleslaw–I try to make the coleslaw ahead of time so it can soak up all the yummy flavors, but not necessary. For todays recipe I used a bag of mixed cabbage/carrots pre-shredded. You can use broccoli slaw or even lettuce or kale. Mix together some vegan mayo, apple cider vinegar and hot sauce and you are all set! You can even use a store bought dressing. I like to add green or red onion, again, totally customizable to your taste buds and/or what you need to use up in your fridge!
- Tofu–I prefer to use the extra firm tofu for this recipe, it seems to hold up better during cooking. Drain the tofu and wrap in a tea towel with a heavy plate on it for a couple minutes while you prep. When you add the cubed tofu to the hot pan, any remaining moisture will evaporate.
- BBQ Sauce–I used a bottled BBQ sauce today, you can absolutely make your own. I like to add a little heat to mine using either hot pepper flakes or hot sauce.
- Toppings–I didn’t add anything to the recipe today. But normally I add something a little crunchy. My husband loves to add crumbled up tortilla chips. I usually add extra onion and pickled jalapeño.
- Side Dish–Anything goes with this meal! A bag of chips or a fruit salad. Picture above is with some simple homemade potato wedges, you can find the recipe here Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
- Meal Prep–if you are intending on making this for meal prep, I highly recommend keeping everything separate. The coleslaw can become a little watery.
Quick and easy BBQ tofu wraps that the entire family will love! Protein packed and easily customizable to please everybody! Make them with a hearty side dish for dinner, whip some up for a quick lunch, or make a large batch for lunch meal prep.
For the BBQ Tofu Wrap
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- 4 tortillas
For the Slaw
- 2 cups shredded cabbage mix
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP hot sauce (I used sriracha)
- 1 green onion, diced
- Make the slaw ahead of time. Mix together the cabbage, mayo, vinegar, hot sauce and onion.
- Preheat a non stick skillet over medium heat. If not using non stick, spray a little oil. Add the cubed tofu and cook 1-2 minutes until any water has cooked off. Add the BBQ sauce and stir gently another 1-2 minutes until heated through. You can turn up the heat toward the end to get the BBQ sauce to caramelize.
- Heat up the tortillas per package directions.
- Assemble the wraps! Add 1/4 of the tofu to the middle of a tortilla, add slaw and any additional toppings and enjoy!!
You can make your own BBQ sauce and it will reduce the amount of sodium. Also, the calories will vary depending on what tortillas are being used.
I like to add some crumbled chips to give this a little crunch!
Leftovers will last 3 to 4 days in fridge. I would keep the ingredients separate until ready to assemble, the coleslaw can become watery.
If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and let us know what you think!!
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan, Wraps, Tofu, Meal Prep, Quick, Easy, BBQ