Pigout Pigless Porkrind crusted tofu is the perfect match of spices and crunch to take your tofu game to the next level!!! If anybody has ever told you they don’t like tofu, they haven’t tried these!
- 1 block firm tofu
- 3 to 4 TBSP of flax meal
- 3 to 4 TBSP of hot water
- 1 cup of crushed pigless rinds — or panko
- spray oil
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 380F.
- Mix the flax with the hot water, set aside in a shallow dish.
- Rinse and pat dry the tofu.
- Cut tofu into desired shape — I used rectangle.
- Dip the tofu into the flax mixture.
- Then dip the tofu into the rinds, pressing firmly
- Spray with a generous amount of oil (I used olive oil)
- Place in air fryer for 10 to 14 minutes. No need to flip them.
I used pigless pork rinds, you can use any coating of your choice. Just make sure it is crumbled enough to ‘stick’ to the tofu.
For the spay oil, I used olive oil spray, I’ve found that any spray oil will work.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can pan fry over medium heat for about 5 minutes each side.
Not sure if these make good leftovers, there’s never any left to try!
- Category: Tofu
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: tofu, vegan, vegetarian, air fryer, easy, appetizer, dinner, side dish