Who doesn’t want a warm comforting bowl of Easy Vegan “Chicken” Soup when they’re feeling a little under the weather. I used chickpeas for the protein source, giving this soup a protein punch! These are simple ingredients I usually have on hand, making this a great stand by meal when you are in the mood for some familiar yet nutritious soup.
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, or pasta of your choice
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 cups vegetable broth or water OR a combination of both
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1/2 TBSP rice wine vinegar *optional
- 1/4 tsp turmeric *optional
- 1 tsp olive oil to sauté the vegetables
- Place a large pan over medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the carrots and garlic and sauté until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, and bring to boil. Keep the soup on a slow boil according to the pasta directions (usually about 8 minutes).
- Add some fresh herbs and enjoy!
The turmeric is options, but gives it a nice flavor and color.
Leftovers will keep in fridge for up to 5-6 days
- Category: Soup
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Chickpea, Easy, Comforting, Soup