This Easy Vegan Garlic Aioli is cashew based and oil free! In as little as 10 minutes you can have this delicious and healthy aioli ready for any occasion. I use this recipe for dips, dressings or sandwich spreads. Aioli is easily customized to your taste buds, you can add some fresh herbs or give it a little smokey heat with some chipotle peppers!
How to make Easy Vegan Garlic Aioli
This recipe is pretty basic so I’ll keep this short and sweet. I find that a lot of recipes that use cashews for the base of a sauce tell you to soak them overnight. I don’t find the need for this, I’m never thinking that far ahead! A quick 5 minute soak in very hot water while you’re preparing the other ingredients works just fine. I use my magic bullet for small batches like this and it turns out perfect every time. I will try to use raw unsalted cashews, however, we can’t always find them. Roasted and salted will work, just remember to adjust the salt in the recipe.
You wanna spice things up?! Add some hot sauce like sriracha or throw in some chipotle peppers when blending the aioli. Using fresh herbs is also a wonderful option, I add these in after mixing in the blender. Mix in some dill and you have a great replacement for tartar sauce. This also makes for a great salad dressing, I will thin out the aioli with about 1 extra tablespoon of water or rice vinegar. So basically, this is a great base recipe for any occasion!
Are cashews good for you?
Absolutely! Cashews are rich in fiber, protein and healthy fats. They have been linked to promote weight loss, lower blood sugar and they’re great for heart health. Antioxidants are plant compounds that keep you healthy and cashews contain two important ones, polyphenols and carotenoids which help to reduce inflammation and protect against disease.Print
This Easy Vegan Garlic Aioli is cashew based and oil free! In as little as 10 minutes you can have this delicious and healthy aioli ready for any occasion.
- 1 cup raw cashews OR roasted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tsp lemon juice, about 1/2 a lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Soak the cashews in very hot water, enough to cover, set aside for at least 5 minutes
- Place the cashews and ALL remaining ingredients in a food processor, blender or magic bullet. Blend on high for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down sides if necessary. Taste and add more lemon or dijon to your preference, or more water if you want a thinner consistency. Pulse for another 30 – 60 seconds until rich and creamy.
- Ready to serve immediately or keep in fridge for up to 1 week
Add hot sauce or chipotle peppers when blending for a spicy kick. Mix in herbs after blending for a fresh aioli.
Keeps in fridge for up to 1 week. I would not recommend freezing.
Please let me know if you make this and what kind of add-ins you use! Remember to PIN for quick reference!!!
- Category: Dips, Spreads, Dressings
- Method: Quick and Easy
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: quick, easy, garlic, vegan, oil-free, cashew, dip, spread, dressing, plant based