These quinoa protein bowls are so quick, easy and bursting with flavor, you will want to put this at the top of your recipe arsenal! They are also versatile, you can change up the ingredients to suit your cravings.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 small onion-red or white, diced
- 5 mini sweet peppers (or 1 bell bepper) diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 –15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes, diced
- 2 TBSP Mexican seasoning –store bought or homemade Homemade Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 –15 oz can corn
- 1 –15 oz can black beans
- 1 –8 oz package of tempeh (or tofu)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, add onions and sautee for 4 minutes. Add peppers and garlic and sautee for another minute.
- Add quinoa, water, fire roasted tomatoes and Mexican blend and cook for 20 minutes on a high simmer, uncovered.
- After 20 minutes, check quinoa is done. Add beans, corn and tempeh and let heat through for an additional 5 minutes.
- Taste, add toppings and serve hot!
This will keep in fridge for 6 days. Will keep in freezer for 3 months.
This recipe is great for meal prep.
Please remember to Pin for future reference
- Category: dinner, lunch, prep
- Method: easy
- Cuisine: vegan, plant based
Keywords: quick and easy quinoa tempeh protein bowls