This high protein Tofu Buddha Bowl is so delicious AND simple it will easily become a weekly staple as it has become in my home!! Not to mention it’s also budget friendly and versatile! I prefer mine on the spicy side, you can tone it down to be kid friendly as well.
- 2 blocks of extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 large bunch of kale, de-stemmed and torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 head of cabbage, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 carrots sliced thin OR 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 LB of fresh, whole green beans, blanched or lightly sauteed.
- 4 cups of cooked, white rice. Prepared as package instructions
- green onions, black sesame seeds or hot paste for garnish
For The Dressing
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayo
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP hot sauce of choice, I use sriracha. You can cut this amount down if you are sensitive to spice
- Make the dressing (if not using store bought) Mix the Mayo, lime juice and hot sauce in a bowl. Use an immersion blender if you have one. If you prefer a thinner consistency, you can add a tsp of rice wine vinegar or water. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat with about a TBSP of oil. I use avocado oil. Add the cubed tofu and gently stir every 5 minutes. Cook for about 15 minutes. Add the sauce and cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Saute the green beans if you haven’t already done this
- Prepare the bowls! Add about 3/4 cup of the cooked rice and arrange the vegetables on top. Drizzle the dressing. Add the tofu and garnishes. Viola! Easy Tofu Buddha Bowls!
You can use any vegetable combination you like for this recipe! I like to ‘pickle’ some radish, cucumber, carrots or red onion in some rice wine vinegar. Gives the bowl a banh mi vibe.
If you have an air fryer AND the time, I like to air fry the cubed tofu for about 10 minutes before adding to the wok. It gives them a crisper texture.
I like to double this for leftovers. I keep the dressing on the side.
Leftovers keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. Dressing for up to a week.
- Category: vegan
- Method: easy
- Cuisine: dinner
Keywords: tofu, vegan, vegetarian, easy, dinner, meal prep