These vegan bruschetta stuffed zucchini boats are not only low-carb and healthy, they are DELICIOUS!!! So easy to make, these can be an appetizer, main dish, side dish or an afternoon snack! I like to make them with pasta as a low-carb replacement for garlic bread.
- 3 medium to large zucchini
- 10 oz package of hummus
- 4 large roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- fresh or dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 f. Cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Scoop our the seeds, make sure to leave a hearty border in the zucchini.
- Place skin side down on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the zucchini are baking, make the tomato mixture. Place the diced tomatoes and minced garlic into a bowl. Add the oil and vinegar and mix well. Add the basil, salt and pepper and herbs if you are using. Mix well and set aside.
- Take out and carefully stuff each zucchini half with about 1 TBSP of hummus. You want the hummus to be no more than 3/4 to the top of each zucchini half. Place back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Take zucchini out and let cool a couple minutes. Place tomato mixture on top and serve!
These can be served as an appetizer, main dish or side dish. They can be served as an entire half or you can cut into 2 inch bites to serve as appetizers.
They will keep in fridge for 1-2 days. Make sure to keep in airtight container.
I have used garlic hummus and mediterranean hummus for these. You can use whatever kind you prefer, or even make your own.
Nutrition value is based on a zucchini half, including hummus and tomato mix.
- Category: appetizer, side dish
- Method: easy
- Cuisine: vegan, vegetarian
Keywords: Vegan, low-carb bruschetta stuffed zucchini boats